Saturday, January 3, 2009

Repurposing

I wanted an SD card wallet for Christmas. I should say I wanted a $2.99 SD wallet but, when we made it to the store they only had the $10.99 SD wallets left. They didn't look like much and I thought that I might try to make one. I like to ruminate about projects and work out the best materials and what will work before I dig in to a project so, I put this one on a back burner. Today, I decide to declutter a drawer and I found this small used leather wallet.

img_3314_800x600

It has lots of pockets.

img_3315_800x600

Look, it can fit 4 AA batteries too!

img_3316_800x600

While I only own 5 SD cards at the moment I have space for 12 altogether or a flash drive or two.

img_3317_800x600

Another view...

img_3318_800x600

I would love to hear about something you've repurposed.

3 comments:

LoriM said...

Ooo, I love "repurposing" - but off the top of my head all I can think of is a pretty little box that once held Christmas cards, which I repurposed for holding my Christmas/winter costume jewelry and scarves (ok, one scarf which I never wear).

I love sturdy little boxes, containers and pretty bottles and I keep trying to think of ways to re-purpose them. Like the tin Altoids cans - so handy - but for what? I heard one diet suggestion to keep almonds (or other nuts) in them - one serving size fits in an Altoids box. I also bought some enamel paints in the hopes of getting my nieces to help me paint boxes and bottles for re-use. Hasn't happened yet. I'm sure "Martha" has some other ideas for sticking things on these items - could be fun! Oh, I do re-use check boxes and other small flat boxes as sorters in drawers.

And now I *really* have to work! Love the new blog!

Beautiful Mommy Princess said...

I love little boxes too. Almost too much (clutter!) I have to confess I have a whole little drawer full of those makeup bags that are "your free gift with your Clinque beauty buy". They have come in handy with little boys. The boys have little pieces that need to be kept together.

Great idea for a snack/nut holder.

I was working on a SD memory card using an Altoids tin. I'm a little crazed about keeping them too. Can you tell I'm on a dejunking / decluttering mission?

Thanks for commenting Lori M!

LoriM said...

I was going to throw out some cheap free canvas/other tote bags we got until I realized how handy they are for toting groceries and other things up to the lake house.

If you reply to my comment, is there any way that I get notified? Not sure that would make sense - I'd get a lot of notifications, considering all the comments I make (on many blogs)!