Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Pouch for a Little ipod


I wanted to make my husband a little pouch to put his ipod Shuffle in. He had given me a new ipod Nano for Christmas and we no longer needed to try to share the Shuffle. He requested demin for the fabric. So, I went down into my sewing room and started "shopping" for fabric and notions.


I found a pair of boys, size six shorts and thought I could make use of the back side pocket.

Next, I needed to see how big it needed to be to fit the Shuffle and ear buds? 4.5" x 5" will do the trick!


Downstairs I picked out two possible lining choices and let my husband make the final choice.


He choose the flannel plaid. It was left over from some pajama pants I made our oldest son.


Even the zipper was recycled!


I realize that not everyone would like the pocket off center but, since this was made using recycled jeans and the pocket is quite tiny, I think it adds to the charm of the pouch.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. What do you use to hold your mp3 player?

5 comments:

Beautiful Mommy Princess said...

Hi B M P here... I have to tell you all 1 or 2 of you who might read this, I'm having a terrible time trying to post to the blog. Picture jump around and land in the wrong order or are too big once they are posted (after looking fine while in the preview mode). Anyway, today my pictures are off again. Please bear with me as I learn how to use blogger. I was trying to use live writer to make it happen and apparently that has a learning curve too. Thanks!

Barbara Frank said...

I had trouble with photos at Blogger, too. But I got them up finally. Now I'm using Wordpress and I can't get photos to work at all!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. I don't have an iPod but I thought the pouch was cute. Cool that the zipper was recycled....years ago, my grandma (who raised four kids during the depression) left me one of her treasures, a bag of recycled metal zippers. ;)

Jane said...

What a cool idea! My MP3 player needs a home. Of course, I'm not skilled enough to do it as well as you did, but I could manage some sort of drawstring or flap closure.

BTW, thanks for stopping by!

LoriM said...

Very cute idea. Right now my iPod is just in one of those plastic "skin" things (and then in a pocket). Love my iPod! Do you know anything about retractible ear-buds? I've been looking for them but it appears they come in all different prices and (I assume) quality levels.

Bev said...

Love this! I actually use a little green apple that clinique gave me the last time I bought makeup. I love that it has an apple on it, as does my (recycled - purchased from Ebay) apple ipod.