Friday, January 9, 2009

Potato Pancakes

1/2 C. Milk

4 eggs

1 Large Onion quartered if using a food processor

6 T. flour

1 t. Salt

1 t. Pepper

1 t. Baking Powder

Splop of Worcestershire sauce

4 grates of nutmeg

5 large Potatoes

  1. Peel Potatoes
  2. Decide if you are going to use a food processor or a good old fashion grater. Either will work but, the food processor works best for me. I'm a wimp.
  3. If using a food processor: using the blade put all the ingredients except the potatoes and give it a wiz. Oh, push it a couple more times so its well blended.
  4. Pour that mixture into a bowl large enough to add the grated potatoes in the next step.
  5. Put the grater attachment on the food processor and grate all the potatoes.
  6. Mix the grated potatoes into the egg, milk and flour mixture.
  7. Heat the griddle and pour a nice bit of oil to coat the surface. Drop the batter by large tablespoon onto the griddle. Cook until nicely brown and crisp.

I heat the oven and put parchment paper on a cookie sheet so once the pancakes are done I can keep them warm and crisp in the oven till I have most of them made. This is a large recipe, it can be cut in half easily. My husband and three sons can make short work of this amount. We don't have it very often but, it is a great recipe to have on hand when I've forgotten to plan ahead as I did tonight.

Wishing you peace and contentment from my home to yours,

Beautiful Mommy Princess


No comments: